- Founder and Venue Manager – Curate Space
- Founder, Events Manager and Producer – Curate Events
- CEO and Consultant – Strategic Artistry pty ltd
A sense of purpose to ‘connect communities’ has guided Chloe’s career. She has worked in rural, regional & metropolitan communities, engaging in arts management & strategy development at local, state & national levels.
The Founder of Curate Space
Spaces & Events co-curated by a Network of Speakers & Facilitators. The Melbourne CBD location includes function venue, meeting rooms, co-working office & accommodation in one location.
Drawing on experience as a presenter, producer, trainer and community cultural development manager, Chloe identified the need for an authentic, inspiring and creative space, designed through community development principles.
Through Curate Events, Chloe curates a program of workshops, forums, performances and experiences. Chloe produced & presented events in collaboration with Vivid Sydney for four years as part of Vivid Ideas held at the Museum of Contemporary Art. She was an Event Manager for TEDx Melbourne 2015 managing live streaming to Federation Square & online.
Program Producer for the Local Government Arts and Culture stream at VIVID IDEAS 2014, Held at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney. There were 22 events in the program. Cited here Chloe presents on a panel discussing ‘Aligning Arts and Cultural Policy across three spheres of Government’, with panelists representing Arts NSW and Cultural Development Australia.
Presenting and facilitating:
Chloe is a sought after to speak at conferences, as a guest lecturer and to facilitate professional and organisational development.
She has lectured for the Bachelor of Entertainment & Arts Management through the Australian Institute of Music, teaching units in marketing research and in venue & gallery management.
Chloe has lectured for TAFE covering community development and advocacy.
She has delivered cultural tourism training for regions across Australia.
Chloe has 20 years’ experience as a creative strategist, collaboration broker, program producer & presenter.
As a consultant through Strategic Artistry, Chloe builds the capacity of governments, organisations, industries & communities to deliver creative outcomes.
She achieves this through:
- Consulting on strategic community, cultural and industry development;
- Practitioner development as a trainer, coach, and keynote presenter;
- Brokering artists, stakeholder partnerships and resources;
- Joint ventures and investing in social and cultural enterprises;
- Producing quality events and programs;
- Facilitating participatory consultation processes;
- Identifying opportunities for impact, collaboration and funding;
- Providing strategic context through mapping related policies, plans, strategies and stakeholders to identify potential alignments.
With over a decade in the Local Government sector, Chloe has managed:
- community development,
- cultural planning,
- administration of over $1m of community grants,
- service delivery,
- public programs,
- gallery establishment & programming,
- sector development & stakeholder relations.
For the Policy Division of Local Government NSW, Chloe advised 152 councils across NSW on arts & culture, and represented the sector nationally. Chloe continues to provide services to the Local Government sector and supports other sectors in council relations.
Prior to working in the public sector, with qualifications in marketing and interactive multimedia, Chloe’s technology business MediaMaker produced resources for galleries, councils & communities. Now through Strategic Artistry she supports these industries to integrate emerging technologies which facilitate new ways to engage your audience..
Personally, Chloe’s creative expressions are through dance, singing, performing flute and photography. Some of Chloe’s photography is exhibited in the Curate Space art collection.
- Program Producer
- Event Manager
- MC or Speaker
- Facilitator or trainer
- Business Development Strategist
- Strategy and Project Management Consultant