Curate Space is the Victorian Government’s Digital Innovation Festival Hub.
We are proud to be partnering with the Victorian Government to deliver a ten day program of events, for audiences in the venue and online via the live stream. We are also the home for the festival team, working from our Festivals and Events Industry Coworking Space.
A co-creation workshop was held at Curate Space on 30 July to design the program. Watch the video for highlights:
What inspires Melbourne’s digital innovators to make the difference through technology?
#DIFHub18 runs over 10 days from Monday 27 August to Friday 7 September 10.00am – 7.30pm in the heart of the Melbourne CBD @ Curate Space.
The DIF Hub program 2018
Each day is a coworking day with up to 4 sessions on offer: kick off with a morning break with techs sharing their latest innovations; enjoy a lunch ‘n’ learn session with industry experts; join in a deep dive discussion with thought leaders and at the end wind down and meet inspiring entrepreneurs. Each session will be unique and provide opportunities to connect and explore how technology is making a difference in Melbourne.
Mon 27 Aug
Tue 28 Aug
Wed 29 Aug
Thu 30 Aug
Fri 31 Aug
Mon 3 Sep
Tue 4 Sep
Wed 5 Sep
Thu 6 Sep
Fri 7 Sep
Morning T(ech) 10.00 – 11.30 am
Tech entrepreneurs use digital tools to make business and society better. Start your day with those driving digital innovation in Melbourne. Hear the latest ideas or solutions to market from the experts.
Lunch ‘n’ Learn 12.30 – 2.00 pm
Learn top tips, hear latest trends, get inside info or learn practical guidance. Hear from industry experts from tech to business – there’s something for everyone.
Deep Dive 3.00 pm – 4.30 pm
Challenge your mind and explore digital innovation. Join an open session and thrash out ideas with others from industry, government and research.
Lessons Learned 6pm – 7.30 pm
Meet Melbourne entrepreneurs and tech startups and hear what they’ve learned along the way. Leadership and resilience are qualities these speakers share.
- Sessions are scheduled Monday 27 August to Friday 7 September.
- Each day runs from 10.00am to 7.30pm and has four sessions as part of a series,
- Sessions run for 90minutes and include discussion and networking for audience and panelists to engage.
- Select sessions will be broadcast via Curate Space online, Facebook Live and available on YouTube post the event.
- Each day will have a theme that brings together the sessions into a “mini-conference”.
Diversity of ideas and people is a core value of the Festival. Speakers will share their varied experiences.
- Speakers could be a startup entrepreneur, international student, digital evangelist, technology expert, academic leader, government change agent, career changer or skilled migrant who has made Melbourne their home – they are all part of The DIF.
- Over the past few months people have registered their interest to share their experience and knowledge as part of the festival this year either as an event host or speaker.
- Speakers will be listed in the full program and information updated on the DIF calendar.
Open invitation for Melbourne-based speakers to be part of The DIF Hub line up.
- A co-creation workshop was held on 30 July to help create the program with ongoing discussions.
- This was an open innovation for you to host a session or a whole day. Those who registered as a potential speaker, panelist or MC, were contacted by the Session Hosts to provide further information to see how they may be a part of their session.
- Curation of the program is co-created via the festival management platform, so all hosts are aware of topics and speakers to avoid doubling up and ensure that the series is as representative of the vibrant local ecosystem as possible.
The Department, as the principal organiser and sponsor of the Digital Innovation Festival reserves the right for final approval of sessions to ensure that the event meets the festival core values and goals, in particular in regard to gender equity.
What’s the deal?
We know that putting on events can be time consuming and expensive. So, we want to help make it as easy as possible and have worked to craft a deal that works for all stakeholders – we hope you agree.
Collaboration: Who does what:
Curate Space responsibilities:
- Provide venue facilities and crew
- Event production management
- Video production and live streaming of sessions
- Hosting the festival team in the on-site coworking facilities
Victorian Government responsibilities:
- Management of the venue booking including costs of site and audio-visual hire;
- Event registration via Eventbrite, managing attendee and waitlists in collaboration with event hosts;
- Listing on the DIF event calendar website as a Featured Event
- Promotion of the event via social media @DIFvic, email marketing to industry contacts;
- Catering costs subsidized apart from income covered by ticket sales budget via Curate Space.
Event Hosts responsibilities:
- Organizing their allocated session;
- Recruiting and coordinating speakers ensuring a gender balance across mc, speakers and panelists;
- Promotion of their sessions and the overall event to their networks via email and social media via #DIFvic;
- Display digital innovation festival branding on promotional material electronic and print as appropriate;
- Whilst the department will be calling for open registrations to attend these free sessions, some limited seating will also be set aside for the VIPs via a specific code.
Curate Space is an event partner with the Victorian Government