Curate Space is producing a Melbourne Fringe Festival program of events to be held at our Melbourne Curate Space venue. We are now calling for expressions of interest from performers and producers.
The spaces are available for bookings day and night, every day of the week. You can book the whole evening or a shorter slot with multiple performances in an evening.
Curate Space is a boutique venue adjacent to the Bourke St Mall. The lift entry opens directly into the reception area, where our friendly crew welcome you and your guests. Styled with original artworks and quality design, it’s an inspiring setting for events.
Spanning 500 square meters, the integrated space incorporates a versatile function venue, meeting rooms/workshop spaces, co-working, lounge, balcony and accommodation. With an onsite kitchen events can be catered inhouse.
The main space is versatile, with options including:
- Seating up to 80 people theatre style.
- 50 seated at tables for ‘dinner and a show.
- 50 people seated ‘theatre in the round’ with the performers on the dance floor.
The space is equipped with a quality audio system and digital screens for presentations. A basic audio visual package is included with your booking and additional services are available.
Stage: There are three stage options in the versatile main venue space:
- Elevated Timber Stage: This small stage is suited to soloists and small ensembles. It is straight at the front and curved at the back, with the feature curved wall with windows as backdrop. It its deepest 150.1cm and 381.2cm wide.
- Carpeted Performance Area level with audience (adjacent to the stage): This expanded area is suited to larger performances with a theatre style audience (seating 80). Including elevated stage section 790.6cm wide and 310.6cm deep.
- Parquetry (polished timber) Dance Floor: Useful for dance and other performances with a ‘theatre in the round’ format. 394.3cm x 799.6cm
A smaller space is also available with lighting and frosted glass backdrop for performance, level with audience. Seating up to 20.
For large function room productions, the workshop space can also serve as a backstage room, for gear and dressing room with its own bathroom.
- A lounge which can serve as a green room or chill out area for guests.
- Two accommodation rooms onsite for touring artists.
- Office & meeting space for production teams.
- We are available during the day for workshops, forums, masterclasses and networking events and matinees.
- We provide ticketing and concierge ensuring audiences receive a quality experience.
- Event management and production services are also available through our Curate Events team.
- Included with your booking: website and social media exposure. Some onsite promotion.
- Additional Marketing services: Website feature and social media campaign. Newsletter feature. Onsite promotion feature.
One of the questions in ‘proposal and quote’ form asks ‘is this event part of a festival or broader program?’ Select Melbourne Fringe Festival from the options for consideration in the Curate Space Fringe program. You will receive an email asking for further information about your producion
Do you have more than one type of event to be quoted?
If you have more than one type of event, which has different needs, please enter the form a second time. For example: An evening performance/event with the audience seated theatre style, and also a half day masterclass / experiential workshop where you share your craft to aspiring artists. These have different specifications so by completing twice we can get a better understanding of your needs.
Venue tour and event planning session
We invite you to view the spaces available and to discuss your performance/event with our event team.